Grants & Donations
Allergan shall consider applications for grants for Medical and Educational Good & Services (MEGS) in line with the relevant criteria set by the Company from time to time. Any such decisions shall be made at Allergan’s absolute discretion and shall be final and binding.
The criteria reflect the requirements of the ABPI (or IPHA/ABHI) Codes of Practice and include those established by the Allergan Management Team as part of the annual budgeting process that will apply for that financial year. Consideration of a Request will be applied impartially by a non-commercial MEGS Committee.
Please read the information below and if you wish to submit an application please click on the link at the bottom of the page.
Allergan ophthalmology will consider applications for MEGS grants which pertain to the field of ophthalmic disease. Our focus this year is on MEGS which will benefit patients suffering from retinal disease, glaucoma and the need to halt disease progression and ocular surface disease.
Allergan Medical will consider applications for MEGS grants which pertain to the field of breast reconstruction and augmentation and facial aesthetics. Our focus this year is on MEGS which will enhance patient care and deliver the highest standards of care across each of our therapy areas.
Allergan Neurosciences, Urology and Gastroenterology will consider applications for MEGS grants which pertain to the field of neurological, urological and GI disease. Our focus is on MEGS which will enhance patient care and deliver the highest standards of care across each of our therapy areas.
What criteria are used in review of MEGS grant applications?
- enhance patient care or benefit the NHS (or similar) and maintain patient care
- relate to medicine or pharmacy
- benefit an institution and NOT an individual
- be for a prospective activity i.e. not happened prior to application
- be for support or provision within a single financial year with no obligation to continue in the future
- should fall within one of the disease areas supported by Allergan.
Any application that fails to satisfy this criteria will not be considered.
The following examples fall outside the scope of MEGS grants at Allergan and will not be considered as part of this process:
- Grants to individuals
- Sponsorship for attendance at scientific or medical conferences
- Support for investigator-initiated/investigator sponsored studies or exhibition stand fees
- Financial support for patient organisations
- Charitable donations
If your interest is in any of the following:
Sponsorship for attendance at scientific or medical conferences
For more information go to http://www.allergan.co.uk/responsibility/healthcare-compliance/sponsorship
Financial support for Patient Organisations
Contact our Corporate Affairs and Public Relations team
Contact the AbbVie Foundation at
Support for investigator initiated / investigator sponsored studies
Contact Investigator sponsored studies unit